PLAN AN EVENT
Thank you for considering the Black & Tan for your upcoming event. We would love to host you and your guests. We are here to please and do our best to meet the needs and budgets that are presented to us. We want to help you create the event of your dreams. We have hosted many events with unique menus and requests, we do everything we can to host your event and we want to be a part of your special occasions. We have hosted detailed wedding as small as 10 guests and up to 150.
The Black & Tan Owners
The Black & Tan was established in 1998 in De Pere and moved downtown in 2009. In October of 2011 Aaron Morse, Bailey Morse and Steve Schneider took ownership. Steve Schneider asked Aaron and Bailey to come on board as they already knew the restaurant and he wanted to have people that were passionate about the establishment. Aaron is the executive chef and has been working in kitchens since before he was 15, and worked hard to gain his place as an owner. He also received a culinary degree from Fox Valley Technical College. Bailey Morse handles everything that Aaron does not making sure the front of the house is flawless and that every detail meets the needs of the groups in our establishment.
The Black & Tan prides itself on creating an experience that meets the guest’s vision. Our regular menu changes with the seasons and we can create other menus to meet your tastes. Aaron loves working with fresh, local ingredients and enjoys making options that accommodate the guests. Sample menus are available but we encourage you to share your tastes. We can also host an event that includes many types of service including: passed hors d’ eourves, plated hors d’ euovres, sit down dinners and buffets.
The Black & Tan has many spaces available for use. Please do not hesitate discussing minimums with Bailey.
• The semi-private back corner of the dining room can accommodate groups of up to 16. There is no minimum for this space.
• The Terrace Room can accommodate groups of up to 80 and is a private space with a door and can have a private bar. The minimum for this space is $100 during lunch, $500 on weeknights and $1000 on weekends. This room is equipped with AV. The use of the projector is another $50. To have a private bartender in the Terrace Room. The fee is $9/hour, if you spend over $1500 this fee will be waived.
• The Dining Room can host up to 150 with a bar. The minimum for this space is $100 weekday lunches, $500 weekend lunches, $3000 weeknights and $6000 on weekends (some exclusions do apply, please speak with Bailey for details).
• The Lounge can accommodate groups of up to 100, this is a bar atmosphere that is great for cocktail events. The minimum for this space is $800 on weeknights and $1600 on weekends (some exclusions do apply, please speak to Bailey for details)
• The Penthouse is on the ninth floor of the building and can only be accessed via elevator and one flight of stairs. The room can accommodate groups of up to 20 people (16 with AV). The minimum for this space is $500 on weeknights and $1000 on weekends.
Please do not hesitate discussing deposits. Evening party deposits are as follows:
• Lunch: There is no deposit needed, and there will be no room fee if minimum is met.
• Terrace Room & Penthouse: The deposit and cancellation fee is $250, this deposit will be used toward food and beverage on the night of the event. If minimums are not met then this will go toward the minimum.
• Dining Room: The deposit and cancellation fee is $500, this deposit will be used toward food and beverage on the night of the event. If minimums are not met then this will go toward the minimum.
• Lounge: The deposit and cancellation fee is $500, this deposit will be used toward food and beverage on the night of the event. If minimums are not met then this will go toward the minimum.
You will get a full refund of deposit if you cancel more than 60 days out and 50% if you cancel more than 30 days out. You will not receive any of the deposit back if you cancel with 30 or less days.
There is a 20% gratuity and 5% tax added to every event. There are NO additional fees, every fee will be in the estimate that we put together for you and your guests. There will be an estimate and contract for each event that we do. The deposit will be due at the time of signing the contract. Estimates will be created in advance to the guests’ specifications.
Preordering is preferred on groups of over 40 and required on groups of over 60. The Black & Tan will provide a menu to send out to guests for the person taking the order. The Black and Tan does require a list of names and their order, but the guest is responsible for placecards for the event. Please do not use similar colors to mark the different entrees on Placecards as they tend to look similar in dim lighting.
Meeting with our Event Coordinator:
Please feel free to call any time, we will do our best to meet your needs and budget and to get your event planned. If you would like to set up a meeting please contact:
Bailey Morse @ 920.430.7700